Saturday, May 12, 2012

9. Airports

Generally when I think about airports I think about long lines and lots of waiting. I think of uncomfortable seats and wasting time. But airports are beautiful. They're the gateway to almost anywhere you could want to go. They allow you to travel the world or go home to your family or take a much needed relaxing vacation. This morning i had to wake up at 515 to leave for the airport and make my flight on time. I was dreading it and once I arrived at the airport I had to wait in a long line to get through security. It sounds miserable right? But I looked around at all the different people heading to various destinations and realized how much I take these little experiences for granted. I listened to the airport employees yell things like Aruba and Barbados, and I watched couples talk in line about their upcoming adventure. And I watched a family with 3 little boys in strollers struggle to maneuver the strollers through the lines and imagined how much fun they were going to have at Disney world and how wonderful it's going to be for the kids along with the parents who get the joy of watching their kids have the time of their lives knowing it's all because of them. And I just saw so much love all around me. And then I thought about the other end of airports and how wonderful it is that I have someone I love to pick me up when I land. And how lucky i am for that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment