Saturday, May 12, 2012

10. Accomplishment

I have just finished my full draft of my scholarship essay for Lesley and it feels so good to have successfully finished something I set out to do. And it feels especially good to be proud of the result. In this past year off, I have lacked in the accomplishment department because I really haven't had too many things that I set out to do and actually finished. Generally, I lived an extremely simple life of working most days and relaxing on days off and didn't really have projects I was working on or major goals I was working towards, and I think that's a major contributor to why I've felt so unhappy at times. I lacked direction because I lacked accomplishment. But in a couple months I'll be switching over to a life full of direction and accomplishment. And although I know I'm going to miss all my free time and lack of stress, I am so excited to feel really productive again and be constantly feeling that wonderful sense of accomplishment. It's going to be very healthy for me and I know I'm going to thrive in the grad school environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment