Saturday, May 12, 2012

11. Sharing happiness with ones we love

Last night, Ricky came home after a gig and was on top of the world. He played with one of the best trumpet players in DC, and he said he played extremely well and everyone in the bar was loving it. They got plenty of free drinks from the bartenders, he got half a joint from a bus boy that he enjoyed on his own, and Mike showed up with lots of work friends who all loved the music and show. He was so excited and happy about the experience he just had, and I couldn't have been happier for him. It makes me so so happy to see him so pleased with himself and with his playing and it makes me even happier when he shares it all with me. It was probably about 3 in the morning when he came home and woke me up, and it was such a great thing to wake up to. I just love when he shares his emotions and experiences with me, and knowing that my happiness for him positively affects his already incredible mood is a wonderful feeling. I love knowing that he could have the greatest night he could imagine, and I can still make it better =)

No comments:

Post a Comment