Thursday, April 19, 2012

8. Yoga

I have finally found a way to exercise that I honestly look forward to and completely enjoy. I have never really been much of a health and exercise freak, mostly because I love junk food and hate exercising. I would dread going to the gym even though I'd feel good after I went. I never really could understand why I hated exercising when it made me feel good. But now I've found an exercise method that I actually like, and it makes me feel good just like the gym would. Yoga is a wonderful practice. Ricky and I have been doing yoga in our room along to a DVD a lot, and that's been pretty good. We both enjoy it but I had no idea how much I was going to like yoga classes. I went to my first yoga class yesterday with Jess and I loved it. It felt much more like a real workout that had me sweating throughout almost the whole thing, but I didn't even want it to end after the hour was over. At the gym, I'm always counting down the minutes/sets/whatever until I finally get to leave and just feel accomplished. With yoga, I feel accomplished and relaxed and I like doing the actual exercise the whole time. It's wonderful =) I can't wait to keep going back to classes!

No comments:

Post a Comment